PCAOB and SEC Announce Panelists for May 10 Roundtable on Second-Year Experiences with Internal Control Reporting and Auditing Provisions
Washington, DC, May 1, 2006
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and the Securities and Exchange Commission announced today the panelists for the upcoming roundtable on second-year experiences with the reporting and auditing requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 related to companies’ internal control over financial reporting. The roundtable will feature a broad range of stakeholders involved with internal control reporting – including issuers, auditors, investors, and other interested parties.
The roundtable will address a number of topics: (1) an overview of the second year; (2) management’s evaluation and assessment; (3) the audit of internal control over financial reporting; (4) the effect on the market; and (5) next steps.
The roundtable is scheduled to take place May 10 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., E.D.T., at SEC headquarters, 100 F Street N.E., Washington, DC, and will be open to the public with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors will open at 8:00 a.m., E.D.T. Visitors will be subject to security checks.
Real time and archived audio and video webcasts will be accessible.
Materials related to the roundtable - including the day's agenda, a briefing paper, and materials submitted in connection with the discussions - are accessible here.
Panelists will include:
- Philip D. Ameen, General Electric Company
- The Honorable Charles A. Bowsher, Former Comptroller General of the United States
- Frank H. Brod, Microsoft Corporation
- William J. Brunner, First Indiana Corporation
- The Honorable Mary K. Bush, Bush International, Inc.
- H. Rodgin Cohen, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- J. Michael Cook, Audit committee chair/member, various companies
- Colleen Cunningham, Financial Executives International
- Nick S. Cyprus, Member of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission
- Alex Davern, National Instruments
- Robert W. Davis, CA, Inc.
- Samuel A. DiPiazza, Jr., PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited
- Lisa A. Flavin, Emerson Electric Co.
- Timothy P. Flynn, KPMG LLP
- The Honorable Barbara Hackman Franklin, Board member, various companies
- Kimberly Parker Gavaletz, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Susan C. Gordon, CBS Corporation
- The Honorable Joseph A. Grundfest, Stanford Law School
- Keith E. Holmberg, British Petroleum
- Michele J. Hooper, The Directors' Council
- Jay Howell, BDO Seidman LLP
- John J. Huber, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Dennis A. Johnson, California Public Employees' Retirement System
- Gregory J. Jonas, Moody's Investors Service
- Leo L. Kessel, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Robert J. Kueppers, Deloitte & Touche USA LLP
- Lee Level, Computer Sciences Corporation
- Peter D. Lyons, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Michael J. McConnell, Shamrock Capital Advisors
- Peter F. Minan, KPMG LLP
- Edward E. Nusbaum, Grant Thornton LLP
- Robert C. Pozen, MFS Investment Management
- Monte N. Redman, Astoria Financial Corporation and Astoria Federal Savings and Loan Association
- Bruce A. Renihan, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Kurt N. Schacht, Centre for Financial Market Integrity of CFA Institute
- Stephen A. Sherwin, Cell Genesys, Inc., Audit committee member, various companies
- Damon A. Silvers, American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
- Garrett L. Stauffer, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Shelley S. Stein, Grant Thornton LLP
- Tom Szlosek, Honeywell International Inc.
- Dr. Albert M. Teplin, Audit committee chair/member, various companies
- Noreen Culhane, Executive Vice President, NYSE Global Corporate Client Group
- James S. Turley, Ernst & Young
- Richard G. Ueltschy, Crowe Chizek & Company L.L.P.
- The Honorable David M. Walker, Comptroller General of the United States
- David P. Warren, The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc.
- Karen Hastie Williams, Board member, various companies
- Ann Yerger, Council of Institutional Investors
For additional information, please contact the Office of Public Affairs 202-207-9227