Board Announces Standing Advisory Group Members
Washington, D.C., Nov. 6, 2009
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced 19 new and re-appointed members to its Standing Advisory Group. These members will serve two-year terms beginning in January 2010.
The names of the 2010 SAG members are listed below. Their biographies may be found on the PCAOB Web site here.
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG nominations in May 2009. The Board received 103 applications. From this list, the Board selected individuals with expertise in a variety of fields, including accounting, auditing, corporate finance, corporate governance, and matters affecting investors.
Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities cannot be delegated to others. The Board solicits nominations and re-nominations annually.
The SAG is chaired by PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards Martin F. Baumann.
Standing Advisory Group Members
- John L. (Arch) Archambault, National Managing Partner of Professional Standards, Grant Thornton LLP
- Dennis R. Beresford, Ernst & Young Executive Professor of Accounting, Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia
- Neri Bukspan, Chief Quality Officer and Chief Accountant, Credit Market Services, Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC
- Douglas R. Carmichael, Claire and Eli Mason Professor of Accountancy, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College
- Michael J. Gallagher, Assurance Partner and U.S. National Office Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Patricia Ann K. (Kiko) Harvey, Vice President, Corporate Audit, Delta Air Lines
- Anthony S. Kendall, Chief Executive Officer, Mitchell & Titus LLP
- Mary Hartman Morris, Investment Officer, Global Equity, California Public Employees' Retirement System
- Kevin B. Reilly, Assurance Partner, National Professional Practice Group, Ernst & Young LLP
- John W. White, Partner, Corporate Department, Co-chair of the Corporate Governance and Board Advisory Practice, Cravath, Swaine & Moore, LLP
- Margaret M. Foran, Chief Governance Officer, Vice President, and Corporate Secretary, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Gaylen R. Hansen, Audit Partner and Director of Accounting and Auditing Quality Assurance, Ehrhardt Keefe Steiner & Hottman PC
- Gary R. Kabureck, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Wayne A. Kolins, Partner and National Director of Assurance, BDO Seidman, LLP, and Global Head of Audit and Accounting, BDO International
- Jeffrey P. Mahoney, General Counsel, Council of Institutional Investors
- Barbara L. Roper, Director of Investor Protection, Consumer Federation of America
- Lawrence J. Salva, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Controller, Comcast Corporation
- Kurt N. Schacht, Executive Director, Centre for Financial Market Integrity, CFA Institute
- Damon A. Silvers, Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
- Douglas J. Anderson, Corporate Auditor, The Dow Chemical Company
- James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law, School of Law, Duke University
- Sharon S. Fierstein, Partner, Litigation & Corporate Financial Advisory Services, Marks Paneth & Shron, LLP
- Gail L. Hanson, Deputy Executive Director, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Jamie S. Miller, Vice President, Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, General Electric Company
- Steven B. Rafferty, Professional Practices Partner, BKD, LLP
- Samuel J. Ranzilla, Audit Partner and National Managing Partner, Audit Quality and Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
- James V. Schnurr, Senior National Professional Practice Director, Audit and Enterprise Risk Services, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- R. Harold Schroeder, Director of Relative Value Arbitrage, Carlson Capital
- Paul J. Sobel, Vice President, Internal Audit, Mirant Corporation
- Lynn E. Turner, Senior Advisor and Managing Director, LECG