PCAOB Announces Standing Advisory Group Members and SAG Meeting Dates for 2013
Washington, D.C., Nov. 30, 2012
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced 12 new and re-appointed members to its Standing Advisory Group (SAG). These members will serve three-year terms beginning in January 2013.
The Board also announced today that it has scheduled the following SAG meetings for 2013: May 15-16 and November 13-14 in Washington, D.C. The agendas and meeting logistics will be announced closer to the meeting dates.
The SAG advises the PCAOB on the development of auditing and related professional practice standards. The advisory group includes experts in the fields of accounting, auditing, financial reporting, corporate finance and corporate governance, as well as experts in investing in public companies. With the new and re-appointed members, the SAG now stands at 40 members.
"Through our consultative process with the SAG, the Board identifies auditing standards that deserve improvement or updating in light of developments in practice," said PCAOB Chairman James R. Doty. "We continue to find our SAG to be an important source of insight and advice."
The names of the 2013 SAG members are listed below, including 28 continuing members. Member biographies and information about the SAG are available on the PCAOB website.
"Given our numerous standard-setting initiatives focused on improving audit quality to protect investors, we look forward to significant and valuable input from these SAG members," said Martin F. Baumann, PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards and SAG Chairman.
"We are grateful that SAG members generously share their valuable time and expertise with us," he added.
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG nominations in May 2012. The Board received more than 100 applications. The PCAOB solicits nominations and re-nominations annually. Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities cannot be delegated to others.
Standing Advisory Group Members
- Hon. Richard C. Breeden, Chairman and CEO, Breeden Capital Management LLC
- Loretta V. Cangialosi, Senior Vice President and Controller, Pfizer, Inc.
- Peter C. Clapman, Chairman and President, Governance for Owners LLP; public company board member
- Walton T. Conn, Jr., U. S. Partner and Global Head of Audit Methodology and Implementation, KPMG LLP
- Wallace R. Cooney, Vice President - Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, The Washington Post Company
- James G. Hooton, Consultant
- Jean M. Joy, Director of Professional Practice and Director of Financial Institutions Practice, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Elizabeth F. Mooney, Analyst, The Capital Group Companies
- Brian D. Thelen, General Auditor and Chief Risk Officer, General Motors LLC
- James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law, School of Law, Duke University
- William T. Platt, Managing Partner, Professional Practice, and Chief Quality Officer - Attest, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- D. Scott Showalter, Professor of Practice, Department of Accounting, Poole College of Management, North Carolina State University
- John L. (Arch) Archambault, Senior Partner, Professional Standards and Global Public Policy, Grant Thornton LLP
- Dennis R. Beresford, Ernst & Young Executive Professor of Accounting, Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia; public company board member
- Neri Bukspan, Chief Quality Officer, Chief Accountant and Executive Managing Director, Standard & Poor's, LLC
- Steven E. Buller, Managing Director, BlackRock, Inc.
- J. Michael Cook, Public company board member
- Jerry M. de St. Paer, Senior Advisory Partner, Grail Partners LLC
- Michael J. Gallagher, Assurance Partner and U.S. Assurance National Office Leader, PwC
- Paul L. Gillis, Professor of Practice and Co-Director of the International MBA Program, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
- Robert L. Guido, Public company board member
- Gaylen R. Hansen, Audit Partner and Director of Accounting and Auditing Quality Assurance, EKS&H, LLP
- Robert H. Herz, CEO, Robert H. Herz LLC; Executive-in-Residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Robert B. Hirth, Jr., Senior Managing Director, Protiviti, Inc.
- Bruce J. Jorth, Chief Risk Officer, McGladrey, LLP
- Gary R. Kabureck, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Wayne A. Kolins, Partner, BDO USA, LLP; Global Head of Audit and Accounting, BDO International Limited
- Robyn S. Kravit, Co-founder and CEO, Tethys Research LLC; public company board member
- Jeffrey P. Mahoney, General Counsel, Council of Institutional Investors
- Richard H. Murray, CEO, Liability Dynamics Consulting, LLC
- Jennifer Paquette, Chief Investment Officer, Public Employees' Retirement Association of Colorado
- Kevin B. Reilly, Americas Vice Chair, Professional Practice and Risk Management, Ernst & Young LLP
- Walter G. Ricciardi, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP
- Barbara L. Roper, Director of Investor Protection, Consumer Federation of America
- Lisa M. Roth, President, Monahan & Roth, LLC
- Kurt N. Schacht, Managing Director, CFA Institute
- Charles V. Senatore, Head of Corporate Compliance, Fidelity Investments
- Damon A. Silvers, Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
- Roman L. Weil, Professor Emeritus, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago; Visiting Professor of Accounting, Rady School of Management, University of California, San Diego
- John W. White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP