PCAOB Announces Standing Advisory Group Members
Washington, DC, Dec. 3, 2013
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced 17 new and reappointed members to its Standing Advisory Group (SAG). These members will serve three-year terms beginning in January 2014.
The SAG advises the PCAOB on the development of auditing and related professional practice standards. The advisory group includes experts in the fields of accounting, auditing, financial reporting, corporate finance and corporate governance, as well as experts in investing in public companies. With the new and reappointed members, the SAG now stands at 42 members.
"The SAG consists of experts who have a stake in the preparation of informative, accurate and independent audit reports. Its members are an important source of insight and advice to the Board," said PCAOB Chairman James R. Doty.
The names of the 2014 SAG members are listed below, including 25 continuing members.
Member biographies and information about the SAG are available on the PCAOB website.
"We have a robust standard-setting agenda, and we appreciate the SAG for providing valuable input as we undertake these very important issues," said Martin F. Baumann, PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards and SAG Chairman.
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG nominations in May 2013. The PCAOB solicits nominations and renominations annually. Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities cannot be delegated to others.
- Charles M. Elson, Edgar S. Wollard, Jr. Chair of Corporate Governance and Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Philip R. Johnson, Nonexecutive Director, Yorkshire Building Society
- Guy R. Jubb, Global Head of Governance and Stewardship, Standard Life Investments, Ltd.
- Douglas L. Maine, Limited Partner and Senior Advisor, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Maureen F. McNichols, Marriner S. Eccles Professor of Public and Private Management and Professor of Accounting, Stanford University
- Rachel D. Polson, Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Gregory A. Pratt, Chairman, Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Sridhar Ramamoorti, Associate Professor of Accounting, School of Accountancy, and Director, Corporate Governance Center, Kennesaw State University
- Brandon J. Rees, Acting Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Richard W. Roedel, Public company board member
- Philip J. Santarelli, Chief Risk Officer, ParenteBeard, LLC
- Thomas I. Selling, President, Grove Technologies, LLC
- Sir David P. Tweedie, Chairman, International Valuation Standards Council
- Michael J. Gallagher, Managing Partner, Assurance Quality, PwC
- Robert B. Hirth, Jr., Chairman, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- Richard H. Murray, CEO, Liability Dynamics Consulting, LLC
- Charles V. Senatore, Head of Corporate Compliance, Fidelity Investments
- Hon. Richard C. Breeden, Chairman and CEO, Breeden Capital Management LLC
- Steven E. Buller, Managing Director, BlackRock, Inc.
- Loretta V. Cangialosi, Senior Vice President and Controller, Pfizer, Inc.
- Peter C. Clapman, Chairman and President, Governance for Owners LLP; public company board member
- Walton T. Conn, Jr., U. S. Partner and Global Head of Audit Methodology and Implementation, KPMG LLP
- J. Michael Cook, Public company board member
- Wallace R. Cooney, Vice President-Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, Graham Holdings Company
- James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law, School of Law, Duke University
- Jerry M. de St. Paer, Senior Advisory Partner, Grail Partners LLC
- Robert L. Guido, Public company board member
- Robert H. Herz, CEO, Robert H. Herz LLC; Executive-in-Residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Bruce J. Jorth, Chief Risk Officer, McGladrey, LLP
- Jean M. Joy, Director of Professional Practice and Director of Financial Institutions Practice, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Wayne A. Kolins, Partner, BDO USA, LLP; Global Head of Audit and Accounting, BDO International Limited
- Jeffrey P. Mahoney, General Counsel, Council of Institutional Investors
- Elizabeth F. Mooney, Analyst, The Capital Group Companies
- Jennifer Paquette, Chief Investment Officer, Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association
- William T. Platt, Managing Partner, Professional Practice, and Chief Quality Officer — Attest, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Kevin B. Reilly, Americas Vice Chair, Professional Practice and Risk Management, Ernst & Young LLP
- Walter G. Ricciardi, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP
- Barbara L. Roper, Director of Investor Protection, Consumer Federation of America
- Kurt N. Schacht, Managing Director, Chartered Financial Analysts Institute
- D. Scott Showalter, Professor of Practice, Department of Accounting, Poole College of Management, North Carolina State University
- Brian D. Thelen, General Auditor and Chief Risk Officer, General Motors LLC
- John W. White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP