[The following paragraph was effective for audits of fiscal years ending before June 1, 2014. See PCAOB Release No. 2013-007 for audits of fiscal years ending on or after June 1, 2014, or return to the current version.]
This section does not—
- Affect the auditor's responsibility in an audit of financial statements performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS).
- Apply to situations in which an auditor reports on specified compliance requirements based solely on an audit of financial statements, as addressed in AU section 623, Special Reports, paragraphs .19 through .21.
- Apply to engagements for which the objective is to report in accordance with AU section 801, Compliance Auditing Considerations in Audits of Governmental Entities and Recipients of Governmental Financial Assistance, unless the terms of the engagement specify an attest report under this section.
- Apply to engagements covered by AU section 634, Letters for Underwriters and Certain Other Requesting Parties.
- Apply to the report that encompasses internal control over compliance for a broker or dealer iin securities as required by rule 17a-5 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the 1934 Act).fn 2