Standards Advisory Group
The Standards Advisory Group (SAG) was established on March 29, 2021 to advise the Board on (i) existing auditing and related attestation standards, quality control standards, ethics standards, and independence standards; (ii) proposed standards; and (iii) potential new or amended standards. The SAG may also, if requested, advise the Board on matters other than standards that are of significance to the Board. The SAG is expected to be an 18-person expert body comprised of investors, audit committee members or directors, financial reporting oversight personnel, academics and others with specialized knowledge, and audit professionals. The establishment of this group further expands the PCAOB’s commitment to enhance stakeholder engagement while also driving new opportunities for investors and other stakeholders to advise the Board.
News release and Board Members' statements:
- News Release: PCAOB Approves Formation of New Standards Advisory Group to Further Enhance Stakeholder Engagement and Provide Advice (March 29, 2021)
- Statement by William D. Duhnke III, Chairman
- Statement by Duane M. DesParte, Board Member
- Statement by Rebekah Goshorn Jurata, Board Member
- Statement by Megan Zietsman, Board Member
The PCAOB announced on April 12 that it is seeking nominations for the 2021-2023 term and 2021-2024 term of its new Standards Advisory Group. The deadline for nominations is June 14, 2021.
The Board will select SAG Members based on nominations (including self-nominations) received. Nominees must meet the qualifications described under Article IV of the SAG charter, be willing to comport with the ethical obligations described in Article VI, and be prepared to participate actively in Task Forces.
Nomination forms are available at the following links:
- Nominee Form — to nominate yourself to serve on the SAG.
- Nominator Form — to nominate another individual to serve on the SAG.
Standards Advisory Group Members
There are no current members.
There are no current meeting materials.