People are at the heart of our mission.
Our investor protection mission is focused on modernizing audit standards, enhancing audit inspections, and strengthening enforcement of PCAOB rules and standards and other related laws and rules. As we carry out that mission, we strive to uphold the highest standards in audit quality with investors' families, savings, and futures in mind. To achieve our important mission, we need talented professionals interested in a career with purpose, like you.
Check out this short video series showcasing career conversations with PCAOB staff.
Join us and make a difference in global investor protection.
We are hiring mission-driven professionals interested in a career with purpose, competitive benefit offerings, and work-life flexibility. If you are interested in working with a diverse group of talented professionals to protect investors and drive audit quality and innovation while adhering to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct, join us.
Compensation and Benefits
At the PCAOB, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a focus on the health and financial well-being of our valued team members. Some of the features of our comprehensive Total Rewards package include:
- Compensation – We support transparency, equity, and fairness in our compensation programs and provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range, based on data-driven market analysis, for each job posting. Team members may also be eligible for performance-based discretionary awards.
- Hybrid work option – Staff can choose to live and work from anywhere within the United States but will be required to commute to their assigned office or location for occasional intentional gatherings or meetings at the frequency
required by their supervisor. Travel to an assigned office or location for commuting purposes will not be considered reimbursable business travel, unless otherwise required by state law. Staff will be assigned to one of our offices or locations,
including: Washington, DC (Headquarters); Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Charlotte, NC; Philadelphia, PA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX;
and Ashburn, VA. Business travel is reimbursable in an amount not exceeding the cost to travel from the assigned office or location, unless otherwise required by state law.
- Generous paid time off – Up to six weeks annually, in addition to 12 federal holidays, two floating holidays, and a year-end break from December 25-31, 2024
- Highly competitive 401(k) match and savings options – Immediate vesting and contributions matched dollar for dollar, up to 7 percent of eligible compensation. Roth in-plan conversion available.
- Comprehensive and competitive health benefit offerings – Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Transparency in Coverage for medical benefits: Click here for additional information on machine readable files.
- Supportive paid family leave benefits – Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and up to 16 weeks paid caregiver leave
- Life insurance benefits – Basic life and AD&D insurance provided; supplemental insurance also available
- Education benefits – PCAOB staff qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program (
Public Service Loan Forgiveness | Federal Student Aid
). We also offer student loan repayment assistance, staff college tuition assistance, and college coach program support.
- Well-being and family resources – Mental health and well-being resources, paid volunteer time, emergency child/adult dependent back-up care services, family-forming assistance, discounted gym memberships, employee assistance program (EAP), health advocate program, and more
- Commuter benefits – Tax-free employer subsidy and pretax employee deductions
Equal Employment Opportunity
All PCAOB employees are entitled to equal opportunity and a professional work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. A workplace free of discrimination and harassment is fundamental to professional success and to the PCAOB's mission. The PCAOB will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The PCAOB is an E-Verify® participating employer.