PCAOB Announces 15 New and Reappointed Standing Advisory Group Members
Also announces 2015 SAG meeting dates
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced 15 new and reappointed members to its Standing Advisory Group (SAG), bringing the total membership to 42.
These members will serve three-year terms, beginning in January 2015.
"Next year the PCAOB will continue its work on some pioneering and innovative changes to U.S. auditing standards, and we will rely on our SAG members to assist us in working through the complex issues involved," said PCAOB Chairman James R. Doty.
The SAG advises the PCAOB on the development of auditing and related professional practice standards.
The advisory group includes investor representatives, as well as accounting, auditing, financial reporting, corporate finance and corporate governance representatives and experts.
The names of the 2015 SAG members are listed below, including 27 continuing members. SAG information and member biographies are available on the PCAOB website.
"We have a robust standard-setting agenda, and we appreciate the SAG members' valuable input as we undertake these very important issues," said Martin F. Baumann, PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards and SAG Chairman.
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG membership nominations, including self-nominations, in May 2014. The PCAOB solicits nominations and renominations annually. Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities cannot be delegated to others.
The Board also announced today that it has scheduled the following SAG meetings for 2015: June 17-18 and November 12-13. The agendas and meeting logistics will be announced closer to the meeting dates.
- Joan C. Amble, President, JCA Consulting, LLC; public company board member
- Sydney K. Garmong, Partner in Charge, Regulatory Competency Center, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Kenneth A. Goldman, Chief Financial Officer, Yahoo, Inc.
- L. Jane Hamblen, Chief Legal Counsel, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Joyce Joseph, Global Head of Accounting and Governance, Standard & Poor's Rating Services
- David A. Kane, Americas Vice Chair, Assurance Professional Practice, Ernst & Young, LLP
- Sara Grootwassink Lewis, Chief Executive Officer, Lewis Corporate Advisors, LLC; public company board member
- Jon Lukomnik, Executive Director, Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute; Managing Partner, Sinclair Capital, LLC
- Liz D. Murrall, Director, Stewardship and Reporting, Investment Management Association
- Zach Oleksiuk, Americas Head, Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, BlackRock
- Jeremy E. Perler, Partner and Director of Research, Schilit Forensics
- Sandra J. Peters, Head of Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
- Jeffrey L. Tate, Chief Audit Executive, The Dow Chemical Company
- Robert H. Herz, CEO, Robert H. Herz LLC; Executive-in-Residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- John W. White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Hon. Richard C. Breeden, Chairman and CEO, Breeden Capital Management, LLC
- Loretta V. Cangialosi, Senior Vice President and Controller, Pfizer, Inc.
- Peter C. Clapman, public company board member
- Walton T. Conn, Jr., U.S. Partner and Global Head of Audit Methodology and Implementation, KPMG LLP
- Wallace R. Cooney, Vice President-Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, Graham Holdings Company
- James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law, School of Law, Duke University
- Charles M. Elson, Edgar S. Woolard, Jr. Chair of Corporate Governance and Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Michael J. Gallagher, Managing Partner, Assurance Quality, PwC
- Robert B. Hirth, Jr., Chairman, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- Philip R. Johnson, Non-Executive Director, Yorkshire Building Society
- Jean M. Joy, Director of Professional Practice and Director of Financial Institutions Practice, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Guy R. Jubb, Global Head of Governance and Stewardship, Standard Life Investments, Ltd.
- Douglas L. Maine, Limited Partner and Senior Advisor, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Maureen F. McNichols, Marriner S. Eccles Professor of Public and Private Management and Professor of Accounting, Stanford University
- Elizabeth F. Mooney, Analyst, The Capital Group Companies
- Richard H. Murray, CEO, Liability Dynamics Consulting, LLC
- William T. Platt, Managing Partner, Professional Practice, and Chief Quality Officer — Attest, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Gregory A. Pratt, Chairman, Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Sridhar Ramamoorti, Associate Professor of Accounting, School of Accountancy, and Director, Corporate Governance Center, Kennesaw State University
- Brandon J. Rees, Acting Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Richard W. Roedel, public company board member
- Philip J. Santarelli, Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Thomas I. Selling, President, Grove Technologies, LLC
- Charles V. Senatore, Head of Corporate Compliance, Fidelity Investments
- D. Scott Showalter, Professor of Practice, Department of Accounting, Poole College of Management, North Carolina State University
- Brian D. Thelen, General Auditor and Chief Risk Officer, General Motors LLC
- Sir David P. Tweedie, Chairman, International Valuation Standards Council