PCAOB Announces Eight New and Seven Reappointed Standing Advisory Group Members
Also announces 2017 SAG meeting dates
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced eight new and seven reappointed members to its Standing Advisory Group, resulting in total SAG membership of 37.
The PCAOB also announced that it has scheduled two SAG meetings for 2017: May 24-25 and November 29-30. The agendas and logistics will be announced closer to the meeting dates.
"SAG members are an integral part of the PCAOB standard-setting process," said PCAOB Chairman James R. Doty. "The new members will bring fresh insight to the group to complement the outstanding contributions from the continuing SAG members and those being reappointed."
The SAG advises the PCAOB on its standard-setting agenda. The advisory group includes investor representatives, as well as accounting, auditing, financial reporting, corporate finance and corporate governance representatives and experts.
The names of the new SAG members, reappointments, and continuing members are listed below. SAG information and member biographies are available on the PCAOB website. The new and reappointed SAG members will serve three-year terms that begin in January 2017.
"The PCAOB currently has a standard-setting agenda of new and ongoing projects and we look forward to the members' valuable counsel," noted Martin F. Baumann, PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards and SAG Chairman. "We will also be interested in the SAG's input into our new research agenda topics, as well as discussions of new and emerging risk areas."
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG membership nominations, including self-nominations, in June 2016. The PCAOB solicits nominations annually. Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities may not be delegated to others.
- Hon. Richard Breeden, Chairman, Breeden Capital Management
- J. Robert Brown, Jr., Director, Corporate and Commercial Law Program, University of Denver College of Law
- Leonard Combs, U.S. Chief Auditor and Leader of Auditing Services, Methodology & Tools, National Office, PwC
- W. Robert Knechel, Frederick E. Fisher Eminent Scholar in Accounting, Director, Center for International Research in Accounting and Auditing, Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida
- Jeffrey Nuechterlein, Managing Partner, Nue Capital LLC
- David Shammai, Senior Corporate Governance Specialist, APG Asset Management
- Debra Smith, Chief Operating Investment Officer, CalSTRS
- Wendy Stevens, Partner, Quality Assurance Practice Leader, WeiserMazars LLP
- Charles Elson, Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair of Corporate Governance and Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Philip Johnson, former Nonexecutive Director, Yorkshire Building Society
- Douglas Maine, Limited Partner and Senior Advisor, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Maureen McNichols, Marriner S. Eccles Professor of Public and Private Management and Professor of Accounting, Stanford University
- Brandon Rees, Deputy Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Charles Senatore, Executive Vice President, Head of Regulatory Coordination and Strategy, Fidelity Investments
- Sir David Tweedie, Chairman, International Valuation Standards Council
- Joan Amble, President, JCA Consulting, LLC
- Prat Bhatt, Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller, and Chief Accounting Officer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Peter Clapman, Senior Advisor, CamberView Partners, LLC
- Sydney Garmong, Partner in Charge, Regulatory Competency Center, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Kenneth Goldman, Chief Financial Officer, Yahoo, Inc.
- L. Jane Hamblen, former Chief Legal Counsel, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Robert Herz, Chief Executive Officer, Robert H. Herz LLC, and Executive-in-Residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Joyce Joseph, Principal, Capital Accounting Advisory and Research, LLC
- Jean Joy, Director of Professional Practice and Director of Financial Institutions Practice, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- David Kane, Americas Vice Chair, Assurance Professional Practice, Ernst & Young LLP
- Sara Grootwassink Lewis, Chief Executive Officer, Lewis Corporate Advisors, LLC
- Jon Lukomnik, Executive Director, Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute and Managing Partner, Sinclair Capital, LLC
- David Middendorf, National Managing Partner, Audit Quality & Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
- Elizabeth Mooney, Vice President, The Capital Group Companies
- Liz Murrall, Director, Stewardship and Reporting, The Investment Association
- Karen Nelson, M.J. Neeley Professor of Accounting, Texas Christian University
- Zach Oleksiuk, Americas Head, Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, BlackRock
- Jeremy Perler, Partner and Director of Research, Schilit Forensics
- Sandra Peters, Head of Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
- David Sullivan, National Managing Partner, Quality & Professional Practice, Deloitte & Touche
- Jeffrey Tate, Chief Audit Executive, The Dow Chemical Company
- John White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP