PCAOB Announces Six New and Eight Reappointed Standing Advisory Group Members
Also announces 2018 SAG meeting dates
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced six new and eight reappointed members to its Standing Advisory Group, bringing total SAG membership to 34.
The PCAOB also announced that it has scheduled two SAG meetings in 2018: June 5-6 and November 28-29. The agendas and logistics will be announced closer to the meeting dates.
"We look forward to the members' valuable counsel on our ongoing standard-setting projects," said Martin F. Baumann, SAG Chairman and Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards. "We also will be interested in the SAG's input into our new research agenda topics, as well as discussions of new and emerging risk areas."
The SAG advises the PCAOB on its standard-setting agenda. The advisory group includes investor representatives, as well as accounting, auditing, financial reporting, corporate finance and corporate governance representatives and experts.
The names of the new, reappointed, and continuing SAG members are listed below. Member biographies are available on the PCAOB website.
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG membership nominations, including self-nominations, in June 2017. The PCAOB solicits nominations annually. Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities may not be delegated to others.
- John Bendl, Chief Accounting Officer, Treasurer, and Controller, The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- Rudolf Bless, Chief Accounting Officer, Bank of America
- Mary Hoeltzel, Vice President and Global Chief Accounting Officer, Cigna
- Guy Jubb, Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh Business School
- Philip Lochner, Jr., Board Member of public companies
- Christopher Tower, National Managing Partner, Audit Quality and Professional Practice, BDO USA, LLP
- Joan Amble, President, JCA Consulting, LLC
- Robert Herz, CEO, Robert H. Herz LLC; Executive-in-Residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Dave Kane, Americas Vice Chair, Assurance Professional Practice, Ernst & Young LLP
- Jon Lukomnik, Executive Director, Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute; Managing Partner, Sinclair Capital LLC
- Liz Murrall, Director, Stewardship and Reporting, The Investment Association
- Jeremy Perler, Partner and Director of Research, Schilit Forensics
- Sandra Peters, Head of Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
- John White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Prat Bhatt, Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Hon. Richard Breeden, Chairman and CEO, Breeden Capital Management LLC
- Peter C. Clapman, Senior Advisor, CamberView Partners, LLC
- Leonard Combs, U.S. Chief Auditor and Leader of Auditing Services, Methodology & Tools, PwC
- Charles Elson, Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair of Corporate Governance, and Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Philip Johnson, Former Nonexecutive Director, Yorkshire Building Society
- Jean Joy, Director of Professional Practice, and Director of Financial Institutions Practice, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Robert Knechel, Frederick E. Fisher Eminent Scholar in Accounting, and Director, Center for International Research in Accounting and Auditing, Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida
- Douglas Maine, Limited Partner and Senior Advisor, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Maureen McNichols, Marriner S. Eccles Professor of Public and Private Management, and Professor of Accounting, Stanford University
- Elizabeth Mooney, Partner, The Capital Group Companies
- Karen Nelson, M.J. Neeley Professor of Accounting, Texas Christian University
- Jeffrey Nuechterlein, Managing Partner, Nue Capital LLC
- Brandon Rees, Deputy Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Charles Senatore, Head of Risk Oversight, Fidelity Investments – Devonshire Investors
- David Shammai, Senior Governance Specialist, APG Asset Management
- Debra Smith, Chief Operating Investment Officer, CalSTRS
- Wendy Stevens, Partner – Quality Assurance Practice Leader, Mazars USA LLP
- David Sullivan, National Managing Partner – Quality & Professional Practice, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Sir David Tweedie, Chairman, International Valuation Standards Council