PCAOB Announces Standing Advisory Group Members
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced 14 new and re-appointed members to its Standing Advisory Group. These members will serve two-year terms beginning in January 2011.
The names of the 2011 SAG members are listed below, including 19 continuing members. Their biographies may be found at right under "Related Information."
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG nominations in May 2010. The Board received over 70 applications. From this list, the Board selected individuals with expertise in a variety of fields, including accounting, auditing, corporate finance, corporate governance, and matters affecting investors.
Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities cannot be delegated to others. The Board solicits nominations and re-nominations annually.
The SAG is chaired by PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards Martin F. Baumann.
Standing Advisory Group Members
- Stephen J. Homza, Managing Director of Internal Audit, Legg Mason, Inc.
- Lisa Lindsley, Director of Capital Strategies, American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- William T. Platt, Deputy Managing Partner, Professional Practice, and Deputy Chief Quality Officer - Attest, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- D. Scott Showalter, Professor of Practice, Department of Accounting, College of Management, North Carolina State University
- Dan M. Slack, Chief Executive Officer, Fire and Police Pension Association of Colorado
- Joseph V. Carcello, Ernst & Young and Business Alumni Professor, Department of Accounting and Information Management, and Co-Founder and Director of Research, Corporate Governance Center, University of Tennessee
- James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law, School of Law, Duke University
- Elizabeth S. Gantnier, Director of Quality Control, Stegman & Company
- Arnold C. Hanish, Vice President of Finance, Chief Accounting Officer, Eli Lilly & Company
- Gail L. Hanson, Deputy Executive Director, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Jamie S. Miller, Vice President, Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, General Electric Company
- Steven B. Rafferty, Professional Practices Partner, BKD, LLP
- Samuel J. Ranzilla, Audit Partner and National Managing Partner, Audit Quality and Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
- Lynn E. Turner, Senior Advisor and Managing Director, LECG
- John L. (Arch) Archambault, Senior Partner, Professional Standards and Global Public Policy, Grant Thornton LLP
- Dennis R. Beresford, Ernst & Young Executive Professor of Accounting, Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia
- Neri Bukspan, Executive Managing Director, Chief Quality Officer, and Chief Accountant, Credit Market Services, Standard & Poor's Financial Services, LLC
- Douglas R. Carmichael, Claire and Eli Mason Professor of Accountancy, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College
- Margaret M. Foran, Chief Governance Officer, Vice President, and Corporate Secretary, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Michael J. Gallagher, Assurance Partner and U.S. Assurance National Office Leader, PwC
- Gaylen R. Hansen, Audit Partner and Director of Accounting and Auditing Quality Assurance, Ehrhardt Keefe Steiner & Hottman PC
- Patricia Ann K. (Kiko) Harvey, Vice President, Corporate Audit and Enterprise Risk Management, Delta Air Lines
- Gary R. Kabureck, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Anthony S. Kendall, Chief Executive Officer, Mitchell & Titus LLP
- Wayne A. Kolins, Partner and National Director of Assurance, BDO USA, LLP; Global Head of Audit and Accounting, BDO International Limited
- Jeffrey P. Mahoney, General Counsel, Council of Institutional Investors
- Mary Hartman Morris, Investment Officer, Global Equity, California Public Employees' Retirement System
- Kevin B. Reilly, Americas Vice Chair, Professional Practice and Risk Management, Ernst & Young LLP
- Barbara L. Roper, Director of Investor Protection, Consumer Federation of America
- Lawrence J. Salva, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Controller, Comcast Corporation
- Kurt N. Schacht, Managing Director, CFA Institute
- Damon A. Silvers, Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
- John W. White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP