Ryan Sack named PCAOB Director of Internal Oversight and Performance Assurance
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board announced today that Ryan Sack has been named the director of the Office of Internal Oversight and Performance Assurance.
In that role, Mr. Sack will provide internal examination of the programs and operations of the PCAOB to help ensure the internal integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of those programs and operations.
“Ryan’s firsthand knowledge of what it takes to run a successful and impactful internal audit operation in a complex corporate environment will make him an effective leader at the PCAOB,” said William D. Duhnke, PCAOB chairman. “We welcome him and look forward to leveraging his experience and insights as we seek to effectively and efficiently accomplish our mission.”
Mr. Sack joins the PCAOB with more than 20 years of internal audit and assurance leadership experience with major publicly traded corporations, including Orbital ATK, TRW and McDonnell Douglas.
Most recently, he was vice president of internal audit at Orbital ATK, where he oversaw governance, risk and control assessments during a period of rapid transformation resulting from a corporate merger.
“I am pleased and honored to lead the Office of Internal Oversight and Performance Assurance,” said Director Sack. “I look forward to supporting the Board in fulfilling its mission and working collaboratively with all stakeholders as a trusted adviser, providing disciplined assessments and valuable insights regarding continuous process improvement and effective internal control.”
Mr. Sack will lead the office in its five core tasks:
- Identifying risks to the integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of PCAOB programs and operations.
- Conducting performance and quality assurance reviews, audits, and inquiries to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in PCAOB programs and operations.
- Recommending constructive actions that, when implemented, reduce or eliminate identified risks, and promote compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and PCAOB rules and policies.
- Assessing whether resources are appropriately safeguarded, effectively used, and economically managed to promote careful stewardship of PCAOB resources.
- Submitting reports that summarize the work of IOPA directly to the Board.
Mr. Sack’s biography is available on the website.