[The following paragraph was effective for audits of financial statements, which may include an audit of internal control over financial reporting, with respect to fiscal years ending on or after November 15, 2004. For other engagements conducted
pursuant to the standards of the PCAOB, including reviews of interim financial information, this standard took effect beginning with the first quarter ending after the first financial statement audit covered by this standard. It was amended, effective
for audits of fiscal years beginning on or after December 15, 2010. See PCAOB Release No. 2010-004.
Return to the current version.]
19. In addition, the office issuing the auditor's report must obtain, and review and retain, prior to the report release date, the following documentation related to the work performed by other auditors (including auditors associated with other offices of the firm, affiliated firms, or non-affiliated firms):
- An engagement completion document consistent with paragraphs 12 and 13.
Note: This engagement completion document should include all cross-referenced, supporting audit documentation.
- A list of significant fraud risk factors, the auditor's response, and the results of the auditor's related procedures.
- Sufficient information relating to any significant findings or issues that are inconsistent with or contradict the final conclusions, as described in paragraph 8.
- Any findings affecting the consolidating or combining of accounts in the consolidated financial statements.
- Sufficient information to enable the office issuing the auditor's report to agree or to reconcile the financial statement amounts audited by the other auditor to the information underlying the consolidated financial statements.
- A schedule of audit adjustments, including a description of the nature and cause of each misstatement.
- All significant deficiencies and material weaknesses in internal control over financial reporting, including a clear distinction between those two categories.
- Letters of representations from management.
- All matters to be communicated to the audit committee.
If the auditor decides to make reference in his or her report to the audit of the other auditor, however, the auditor issuing the report need not perform the procedures in this paragraph and, instead, should refer to AU sec. 543, Part of Audit Performed by Other Independent Auditors .