Below are amendments to AT sec. 101, Attest Engagements, related to the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board's reorganization of its auditing standards. (See PCAOB Release No. 2015-002.) The amendments were approved by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on September 17, 2015, and are effective as of December 31, 2016. The current standard can be found here.
AT sec. 101 Amendments
- The following note is added at the end of paragraph .01:
Note: In connection with an engagement performed in accordance with this attestation standard, whenever the practitioner is required to make reference in a report to attestation standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the practitioner must instead refer to "the standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (United States)." A practitioner must also include the city and state (or city and country, in the case of non-U.S. practitioners) from which the practitioner's report has been issued.
- In the last sentence of paragraph .04f, the reference to "PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 4" is replaced with "AS 6115."
- In paragraph .91:
- The parenthetic reference to "AU section 634" is replaced with "AS 6101."
- The parenthetic reference to "AU section 711, Filings Under Federal Securities Statutes" is replaced with "AS 4101, Responsibilities Regarding Filings Under Federal Securities Statutes."
- In the last sentence of paragraph .99, the reference to "AU section 561" is replaced with "AS 2905."