[The following amendments to AS 3101 will be effective for the disclosure of the engagement partner in audit reports issued on or after January 31, 2017 and effective for the disclosure of other accounting firms in audit reports issued on or after June 30, 2017. The corresponding standard can be found here.]
.09A The auditor may include in the auditor's report information regarding the engagement partner and/or other accounting firms participating in the audit that is required to be reported on PCAOB Form AP, Auditor Reporting of Certain Audit Participants. If the auditor decides to provide information about the engagement partner, other accounting firms participating in the audit, or both, the auditor must disclose the following:
- Engagement partner—the engagement partner's full name as required on Form AP; or
- Other accounting firms participating in the audit—
- A statement that the auditor is responsible for the audits or audit procedures performed by the other public accounting firms and has supervised or performed procedures to assume responsibility for their work in accordance with PCAOB standards;
- Other accounting firms individually contributing 5% or more of total audit hours—for each firm, (1) the firm's legal name, (2) the city and state (or, if outside the United States, city and country) of headquarters' office, and (3) percentage of total audit hours as a single number or within an appropriate range, as is required to be reported on Form AP; and
- Other accounting firms individually contributing less than 5% of total audit hours—(1) the number of other accounting firms individually representing less than 5% of total audit hours and (2) the aggregate percentage of total audit hours of such firms as a single number or within an appropriate range, as is required to be reported on Form AP.
[Effective pursuant to SEC Release No. 34-77787, File No. PCAOB-2016-01 (May 9, 2016)]